Welcome!

Welcome to parents and community members. Feel free to comment and leave us feedback. We hope you enjoy!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mercy Corps Visit - KH

Mercy corps. is a company that helps poverty. When we came is I first thought that we would have to listen how our lives are better, how we are more fortunate then others. I was somewhat right. We were lucky to have a home, school, food, and water. But then Kendra told us something that none of us knew. Some People in poverty are happy. Some people in poverty only eat food worth $2-$3 a day, which in my oppinion isn't bad. Fastfood restuants now a days have a whole meal for real cheap. In my opinion being poverty in the USA isn't all that bad. Sure your homeless and you have no place to go. But you can help yourself with that. You could gain money by telling jokes, playing music, or just hold up a sign saying "I'm poor, can you help me?" People can easily get their three meals a day. I'm not saying its going to be healthy, but something is getting into your stomach none the less.
Thank you for reading.
KRH

No comments:

Post a Comment