Welcome!

Welcome to parents and community members. Feel free to comment and leave us feedback. We hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

JOIN Visit - TY

We went to Join as an expeditionary trip today. We had to drive to Portland to get there. We had several parents drive us there. In my car one of the girls and I would touch the ceiling and hold our breath when we went under tunnels.When we got there I noticed the side of the buildings said Street Roots (latter we saw one of the people we gave food to trying to sell their papers.). I have been seeing their newspapers when walking with my Halmony (Means grandmother in Korean). They tend to have homeless people selling them. When we got there we were given a guide named Marc. We went to the family area and had some of our thoughts browsed by Marc.He explained how the facility worked and how they have some of their things on a token basis (Basically you work for x amount of hours and get some tokens for things like shower uses.). We saw their storage area was informed how they use solar energy for some of their lights. They basically showed us the whole building. After our tour we made some sandwiches for the people there. Then we had some more talks. One of them named Danny was a drug addict. One thing that really annoyed me was when he said I will never be off the drugs. I can't stand it when someone gives themselves an excuse like that. That's up there with I am stupid, I am special, I will never be/do/can _____, or it won't do anything. They are just excuse get up and fight those boundaries break them, past them, and fight them. There no need to succumb to those powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment