Welcome!

Welcome to parents and community members. Feel free to comment and leave us feedback. We hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

JOIN Visit - JS

On Monday my class and I went to visit the non-profit organization called “Join”. It was cool and I learned a lot, there we learned about people who are homeless and what the organization Join is doing to help. I learned that the homeless are regular people like just you and me who’ve had bad things happen to them. Some have lost their jobs, or couldn’t afford a place to live, drug addiction and mental illness are other reasons people can find themselves homeless. We met a guy named Danny, he shared with us about his life on the street and how he came to live on the streets. He told us how Join helped him get an apartment and how he is trying change so he can reunite with his kids. Then we made sandwiches and gave out lunches to the homeless people in the facility. It was fun and I learned a lot. I want to go there and volunteer on my own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment